69° Gardner, KS
The official student-run newspaper publication at GEHS.

The Blazer

The Blazer

The Blazer

Recent Results

New Teacher: Kristen Gore

Get To Know More About Kristen Gore
Kristen+Gore
Kristen Gore

Although she has been a teacher for 19 years, this is Kristen Gore’s first year here at GEHS. 

She graduated from MidAmerica Nazarene University, where she received her B.S. in Biology Education and completed her Masters Degree in ESOL.

Before coming to GEHS she taught in Gardner at Trailridge and Wheat Ridge. She also taught at an Olathe School before that. 

Before deciding to become a teacher, Gore wanted to be a doctor, but once she had her oldest son she changed her degree to Biology Education.

“I was going to be a doctor and then I had my oldest son Luke, and I realized that I didn’t want to miss out on his first eight years of life doing schooling and internships,” Gore said. “So at that point in college, I made the switch to a biology education major because it just made sense.”

This is her first year teaching at a high school level after only ever being at the middle school level, but she feels that she was always meant to be at the high school level and that the transition has been great and easy. 

“I feel like in my heart I’ve always wanted to be a high school teacher,” she said.

Gore is the new assistant varsity girls basketball coach and also an assistant track coach. Her goal for the sports seasons is to win, but also to form relationships and make a positive experience.

“We want to win, but also I’m all about the relationships and just trying my hardest to make it a positive experience. Win or lose they’re going to make some memories that last a lifetime,” Gore said.

She also is involved in FCA which meet Thursday mornings at 7:15.

In her free time, she loves spending time with her husband and five kids. She is her kids’ biggest fan and loves cheering them on at all their events. Four mornings a week at 5:30 she can be seen teaching jazzercise and is a huge outdoors fan. She is super active in her church and is a mentor for new teachers.

“I have a husband and I have five kids from ages 23 down to five. Both of my daughters attend GEHS so it’s fun to have them in my building. I also willingly wake up and teach jazzercise at 5:30 in the morning, four mornings a week,” Gore said. “I love to be outside. I love to go walking. I am my kids’ biggest fan at all of their events and things and super active in my church.”