Homecoming King and Queen Announced

Kenzie Mabrey

Jake McClure and Kenadi Crowder moments after being announced homecoming king and queen of GEHS.

McKenzie Sullivan, Social Media Editor

Homecoming candidates Jake McClure and Kenadi Crowder are announced 2021 homecoming king and queen at the football game on Friday, October 1.

“I honestly felt like emotional, like I almost started tearing up like when my team came to hug me,” Crowder said. “It was super exciting, I didn’t almost know how to feel.”

Kenadi Crowder is a member of the Blazerettes dance team here at GEHS. Crowders team was very proud of her and she felt very loved. Now that Crowder has won, she expresses her emotions about the crowing.

“Super, like loving. And very, very thankful,” Crowder said. 

Although this is not something Crowder has thought about winning prior to this event, she is in no way disappointed in how the outcome turned out.

“It’s crazy to think that that many people like knew my name and knew me  to like vote for me,” Crowder said. 

Crowder is very thankful for everyone who voted for her and will do her best to make GEHS proud as the 2021 homecoming queen.

Jake McClure is the winner of the GEHS homecoming king. McClure is a member of the varsity football team, Student Council, and more. McClure is very thankful for everyone who voted for him and is glad he can be their leader.

“I’m glad that people look up to me and chose to vote for me,” McClure said. 

“I’m glad that people look up to me and chose to vote for me”

— Jake McClure

McClure was very happy with his title of homecoming king, but wouldn’t have been upset if he had lost.

“I liked everyone on the royalty court so I wouldn’t have been upset like any way it went but I’m glad it was me,” McClure said.

As everyone would have been glad it was them that had won, McClure would have supported anyone that had won. This shows leader potential, which could be a key factor in why McClure won.

Jake McClure and Kenadi Crowder will both go on to make our school proud as our 2021 homecoming king and queen.