59° Gardner, KS
The official student-run newspaper publication at GEHS.

The Blazer

The Blazer

The Blazer

Recent Results

Actor Found Dead Near Edgerton

Actor was found dead near the Edgerton area. Actor Cole Brings Plenty, who identified as Mnicoujou Lakota on Instagram, had a role in “1923” which spin-off of “Yellowstone” In the show he played the character Pete Plenty Clouds. Cole Brings Plenty was the nephew of “Yellowstone” actor Mo Brings Plenty. 

Cole Brings Plenty
March 31, 2024

According to a press release statement on the Lawrence Kansas Police Department's Facebook page, On  March 31st officers responded to a domestic violence report after reports of a female screaming for help were heard, the suspect was reported to have fled the scene before cops arrived. Traffic cameras show Cole Brings Plenty leaving the city and traveling southbound on 59 highway. Lawrence police believe the subject to be in a Ford Explorer SUV. 

Missing

When Cole Bring Plenty was presumed missing, family and close friends were posting and sharing mission person fliers via social media to help spread the news of Cole Bring Plenty’s disappearance. According to NBC News, Moses Brings Plenty, Uncle of Cole, shared a post on his Instagram post last week stating how he doesn’t believe his nephew would be on the run and how he doesn’t believe Cole would participate in any domestic Violence like earlier accused of. 

April 5, 2024

April 5th, 2024, around 11:45 am Johnson County Sheriff’s Department released a statement, saying a call was received about an unoccupied vehicle near 200th and Homestead land in Edgerton, Kansas. Just about 30 miles from where Cole Brings Plenty's last known location was.

Family Statement

Later that night Father of Cole brings Plenty released a statement stating “ I am deeply saddened to confirm that my son Cole has been found and is no longer with us,” April 5th 2024 7:15 pm central time.

April 10, 2024

As of Wednesday, April 10th Johnson County came out with a new release statement on Facebook saying that an autopsy was performed and that no indications of foul play were found. This being said the cause of death is still unknown and what truly happened and the events of this case is still under investigation.