62° Gardner, KS
The official student-run newspaper publication at GEHS.

The Blazer

The Blazer

The Blazer

Recent Results

Jobs Available for Teenagers in Gardner

Jobs Available for Teenagers in Gardner
Addie Reiter

There are many places that are currently hiring in Gardner. Many of these jobs are available to teenagers.

The McDonald’s located here in Gardner is hiring for the crew member position. In order to be applicable for this position you must be 16 years old or older. This job is available for both full-time and part-time.

The responsibilities that come with this position are to help customers with their order, prepare food, partner with other crew to meet daily goals, and to keep the restaurant tidy.

One benefit that comes with the position is the opportunities to work are available during breakfast, lunch, late nights, and even weekends.

Another restaurant that is hiring in Gardner is the KFC. They are hiring for the position of KFC Team Member. This job is part-time and you must be at least 16 to apply. 

The tasks that come with the job are waiting on customers, prepping food, cooking, keeping the restaurant clean and sanitary, and processing payments for orders.

Addie Reiter

Major benefits that come with this job is that the hours are flexible and they have paid training.

The Freddy’s located in Gardner is also hiring for the position of cashier. This job is part-time and is available to anyone that is 16 years old or older. 

Some benefits that come with the position are the flexible schedule, employee discount, and the opportunities Freddy’s has for advancement.

Freddy’s is looking for people that are strong team players, that possess the ability to work in a fast-paced environment, and have good organization and problem solving skills. Freddy’s also offers paid training.

Currently due to the winter season Gardner’s Parks and Recreation are accepting applicants for a youth basketball official. In order to apply you must be at least 14 years old or older.  The primary responsibility that comes with this position is to officiate youth basketball games. 

The games will take place on Saturday mornings and afternoons starting January 6 through March 2. A general knowledge of basketball rules are not needed, but are considered a plus.

It is also required to attend mandatory training after receiving this position.

Little Building Blocks Daycare is also looking for a Teacher’s Aide. This position is part-time and is available to anyone 16 years or older. The applicants also must be or become CPR and First Aid certified. The candidates must pass a background check and have a negative TB test.

The responsibilities this position holds are supporting a classroom teacher in implementing classroom curriculum, monitoring and interacting with students, and assisting students with activities.

Benefits that come with this position are paid time off, paid training, and staff meals are provided throughout the month.

The place to apply for these positions can all be found on Indeed.com.