61° Gardner, KS
The official student-run newspaper publication at GEHS.

The Blazer

The Blazer

The Blazer

Recent Results

Bringing Toys Alive at Johnson County Library

Blake Davis
Johnson County Library, 137 E Shawnee St, Gardner, KS 66030, Oct. 17, 2023

Johnson County Library recently held a volunteering event on October 6th where students participated to help them set some things up.

The volunteers for this local event were, Anna Hamm, Alise McVey, Addison Krupke, and Michael Seybert

“I got there around 5:30 [pm]” Michael said. “the library was closed, which I think was around 6:00 or 6:30 [pm].”

Kids had the chance to give the library their toys for a temporary amount of time so the volunteers could breathe some life into them

“We took the toys and we put them around the library them doing library things, and like took picture of them in those positions, holding like a book,” Seybert said.

This night was called “Toy’s Night Out”. There is going to be another event similar to this one during winter.

“It was pretty fun, would do again,” Seybert said. “They are doing another activity during Christmas I believe, or not during Christmas but during that season [winter].”

Every community likes to do something fun, sometimes just fun for the kids in the community

“Just fun for the kids,” Seybert said. “We gave them pictures of their toys like, coming to life.”