66° Gardner, KS
The official student-run newspaper publication at GEHS.

The Blazer

The Blazer

The Blazer

Recent Results

Reduce and Reusing at Gardner Edgerton

Ecology Club
Keira Mills

Recycling is getting imported to Gardner Edgerton thanks to the ecology club at the school. Ecology club is a club about recycling paper, plastic, metal and turning it into other useful objects.

The club meets every Friday in Batterbee’s classroom which is Room 308. Their current project is to make Gardner Edgerton a green school which means to reduce the plastic and paper use in the school.

“Recycling is an important step to take in making the world more sustainable. The ecology club wants to bring more sustainability into our community,” Paige Miller sophomore said.

Ecology club is planning on some new projects as well that will be known around next year. There is also talk about field trips happening in the future.

“The ecology club is really founded on the club members’ love for nature and the environment,” Miller said. “We really aim to create a club that can make our school a more sustainable place and a place where members can learn about their interests.”

In the future the club would love to do more sustainability projects, such as a compost bin, create more opportunities for field trips, and have more learning opportunities for the members.

“It’s of the utmost importance that we create a love for environmental stewardship and [the] opportunity to learn in our school for the future of our planet,” Miller said.