66° Gardner, KS
The official student-run newspaper publication at GEHS.

The Blazer

The Blazer

The Blazer

Recent Results

Timeline of Women’s History Month

Women’s history goes way back before most of us were even born. Women’s history month is a time where we celebrate the achievements and successful strong women around the world. Women’s history month started in March of 1987. 

“Women who advocate for equity, diversity, and inclusion are recognized for a positive future, to eliminate bias and discrimination entirely from our lives and institutions,” National Women’s History Alliance said.

Women have realized that an uneven playing field doesn’t bring equality and justice. For women it takes courage to advocate for practical goals, equality, diversity, and inclusion. 

We honor women of history and women in general during women’s history month from March 1 through the whole month. We honor and recognize them for the contributions to history, culture and society of the United States. 

Recognizing the achievements of women in all facets of life – science, community, government, literature, art, sports, medicine – has made a really big impact on the development of self-respect and the new opportunities for young girls and women like Harriet Tubman, Rosa Parks, Amelia Earhart.

Other women we honor during Women’s History Month are Eleanor Roosevelt, Shirley Chisholm, Maya Angelou, Madeleine Albright, Billie Jean King, Alice Walker, Malala Yousafazi

These famous women had quotes about women during women’s history month.

• “Women are like tea bags. We don’t know our true strength until we are in hot water,” Eleanor Roosevelt said.  
  • “If they don’t give you a seat at the table, bring a folding chair,” Shirley Chisholm said.
  •  “One child, one teacher, one book, one pen can change the world,” Malala Yousafzai said.