68° Gardner, KS
The official student-run newspaper publication at GEHS.

The Blazer

The Blazer

The Blazer

Recent Results

Holiday Drinks Return For Another Season: Starbucks Seasonal Drink Review

It’s that time of year again, everyone is getting in a jolly mood as they wait for the holidays to arrive, so why not get some festive drinks to feel more holiday energy. 

Many places have special drinks for this season, but Starbucks was chosen for this review due to its immense popularity. We reviewed four drinks of the five holiday drinks: The Gingerbread Oat Milk Chai, Caramel Brulee Latte, Chestnut Praline Latte, and Peppermint Mocha. 

I am personally not a fan of coffee, so I got my mother, father, and little sister to review them for me.

The Gingerbread Oat Milk Chai was the first drink that was reviewed. My mother gave it a 6/10.  She said that she isn’t a fan of chai and that it overpowered the gingerbread in the drink. My father gave it a 8/10. He thought that the chai and gingerbread complemented each other well. My sister gave it a 9.5/10. She said that it was really good and she liked the gingerbread taste in it. 7.8/10 is the average score based on the reviews above. 

The next drink reviewed was the Caramel Brulee Latte. My mother gave it a 7/10. She thought it was quite sweet but she could still taste the coffee. My father gave it a 7/10.  He said it was really sweet but that he enjoyed the burnt sugar taste that is similar to creme brulees. My sister gave it a 1/10. She hated the caramel taste it had and wished the burnt sugar taste wasn’t there. The average score for this drink is 5/10 .

Next up was the Chestnut Praline Latte. My mother gave it a 8/10. She thought the praline and chestnut mixed together well, although the chestnut did overpower the praline a bit. My father gave it a 7/10. He said that it tasted nice but he didn’t get much praline flavor in it. My sister gave it a 1/10. She said she hated the taste and didn’t like the nutty flavor of it. Overall, it gets an average of 5.3/10

Finally, the Peppermint Mocha is up. My mother gave it a 10/10. She loved how the peppermint portion of it actually tasted like peppermint, she said she would definitely purchase it again. My father gave it a 10/10. He thought that it was very delicious for hot coffee and he would also drink it again. My sister gave it a 2.1/10. She said it was better than the coffees she drank, but she doesn’t like peppermint in her drinks. It got 7.4/10 for its average.

Overall the highest average score goes to the Gingerbread Oat Milk Chai Latte followed directly by the Peppermint Mocha, Chestnut Praline Latte, and finally the Caramel Brulee Latte. Go out and find a festive drink which sparks joy this holiday season.