61° Gardner, KS
The official student-run newspaper publication at GEHS.

The Blazer

The Blazer

The Blazer

Recent Results

Running Out Of Time: Inseparables The Play

Inseparables
Keira Mills
The Inseparables cast

The winter play  is almost here. The play dates are February 15, 16, 17 in the Auditorium at 7:00 PM. Tickets will be ten dollars for adults and five dollars for students.

The play is about a theater troupe that hasn’t put on a show in four years and are coming back together to put on the play of the three musketeers, but weren’t able to get everything ready on time.

“They’re supposed to have swords cause they’re musketeers but they only have pool noodles. They were supposed to have these nice horses, but they weren’t able to get them in time so they have these blow up horses,” Patterson said.

The cast is made up of nine people: Skylynn Eden, sophomore Haylen Craig, freshman, Charley Godsil, junior, Ellie Parks, senior, Logan Stuart, sophomore, Andy Smith, senior, Brianna Crowder, sophomore, Kaitlyn Hultman, senior, Finn Piggee, senior. The play is an ensemble show meaning there is more than one main character.

“There are nine main characters. [So there is not] one main character,” Patterson said.

The play would not be possible without the crew. One of the crew members, Amelia Terry, sophomore, is the light designer. She explained how difficult her job is, but she still loves it. 

“[The hardest part of my job is] probably figuring out what you’re going to do first, like organizing the lights and where you want them,” Terry said. 

This is her first year as the light designer.

“We use a light board and it changes the different colors of lights. Some light cues in the show are brownouts and blackouts, which completely darken the stage,” Terry said.

Terry explained that she is extremely thankful for Ellie Parks who taught her everything she knows about lights. 

Patterson picked The Inseparables because he wanted to do a comedy and make both the audience and cast laugh.

“I wanted to hit it off with comedies and just bring people in to laugh and have fun with these shows,” Patterson said.