72° Gardner, KS
The official student-run newspaper publication at GEHS.

The Blazer

The Blazer

The Blazer

Recent Results

Learning More About the Blazer Review

Information+for+the+23-24+Blazer+Review.+
Information for the 23-24 Blazer Review.

The Blazer Review is a student-run publication here at GEHS. Students of any grade may submit anything from poetry to photography, and even sculpture. The Blazer Review can be a fun and creative way to get involved and put your name out there. This year’s 2023-2024 publication is due January 12th so there’s still plenty of time for students to submit their works of art.

The poetry editor for the Blazer Review, Ariel Kanoy, is in charge of selecting poetic pieces students submit to be put into the publication.

“I love poetry and I love seeing other people submit it so I can read it. Lots of people are pretty good at it, but they just don’t realize it. They’re poets but they don’t know it,”  Ariel Kanoy, junior, said. 

The Blazer Review has a student editor for each type of literature that they accept: fiction, non-fiction, and poetry. Although, Shannon Carriger, the Blazer Review’s supervisor, still oversees what can be published in it. Carriger also teaches both Creative Writing I and II, Poetry, as well as AP Language. 

“Reading and writing have always been my passion. The Blazer Review has been a wonderful opportunity to not only boost our school’s reputation, but also to get students more involved with the school and more interested in reading and writing,” Carriger said. “Submissions are looking promising this year and ideally they’ll be way up from our previous years.”

Submitting to the Blazer Review can be a creative way to allow others to read or see whatever students submit and because of the diverse acceptance of art (poetry, fiction, non-fiction, photography, 3D and 2D art), almost anyone here at GEHS can get involved with the program. For any further information, visit Carriger in room 214 or email her at [email protected].