72° Gardner, KS
The official student-run newspaper publication at GEHS.

The Blazer

The Blazer

The Blazer

Recent Results

Staying in the Same Seminar

John Richards

During their four years in high school,  students will now have to stay in that same seminar. Anyone that wants to change seminars will have to discuss that with their administrator.

“I think it’s a good decision that they made because some people don’t even do anything in seminar or they go to different seminars so they can be with their friends. Also we think it’s a good idea for the new incomers to be involved in their seminar or just let them do any homework or missing work,” Frank Bell, Principal,  said.

Seminar teachers will also be required to do activities with their students since they are not going to be allowed to be on their phones due to next year’s phone policy.

“One of the main strategies of seminars is for the teachers to connect and form positive relationships with their seminar students. This can be enhanced over time,” Bell said.

It is hoped that this change will allow teachers to have a connection with their students. Seminar will not only be an opportunity for students to do any missing work, but also for the teachers to interact with their students.

“Sometimes, relationships strengthen with time. Our hope is to tap into that, and increase student achievement with an academic and life coach by their side all four years,” Bell said.