55° Gardner, KS
The official student-run newspaper publication at GEHS.

The Blazer

The Blazer

The Blazer

Recent Results

GEHS’s Thoughts on Black Friday

Pictured: Michael Williams Seybert and Sofia Tortelero
park

Black Friday is an exceptionally popular holiday here in the United States. It’s a day where anyone can shop and get the best deals of the year. According to Junior Achievement, about 35% of teens participate in the holiday and with adults it’s twice as many. Let’s see how the students and teachers of GEHS plan to spend their Black Friday. 

“I’m getting ready for Black Friday. I’m gonna go to the Plaza. You know. Maybe some Lulu, Target,” junior, Sofia Tortolero said

Some students have a special family dynamic when it comes to Black Friday.

“Usually my dad just goes to Best Buy and comes back with a new TV or a new computer,” said sophomore, Rhena Mungania.

Freshman, Caleb Brown, says that he’s not going shopping this Black Friday, but would love it if his parents bought him a new Star Wars LEGO set.

Brandon Shellenberger, a math teacher here at GEHS, tells us that he’ll be hanging out with family in Wichita, but may stop by a couple of stores to pick up some Black Friday deals.

Overall, Black Friday seems to hold a special place in the hearts of the students and teachers at GEHS. From deals 10% to 50% off, to the bustling malls and shops, anyone can be a part of Black Friday this year.