68° Gardner, KS
The official student-run newspaper publication at GEHS.

The Blazer

The Blazer

The Blazer

Recent Results

September 25-27 Tennis Review

The Blazer girls’ tennis teams had a busy week this past week, with them coming to the end of their regular season.

Monday 

The team traveled to Olathe to take on Olathe Northwest, Olathe East, and Shawnee Mission West.

The girls got swept by both the Olathe schools but came through with a win of 3-1 against Shawnee. Wins were made by Ava Wichhart at #2 in singles, Lauren Smith and Reagan Lundy at #1 doubles, and Kenzie Sullivan and Emmy Holle at #2 doubles.

Wednesday

The girls played against Miege, Perry-Lecompton, and Baldwin on their home courts. Two of the regular singles players were gone, so Kenzie Sullivan and Ava Wichhart stepped up in their places and achieved a win.

Thursday

The Sunflower League tournament was held on Thursday with fourteen teams in attendance.

Each team brought two single players and two double teams. Meredith Lewis and Morgan Mackinney played some difficult matches that ended with them losing their first two matches.

In the doubles division, Lauren Smith and Reagan Lundy lost their first match but bounced right back to win several other matches.

The other team included Addy and Emmy Holle, they played in a huge match against a Free State team which ended in a tie-breaker, they finished 14th overall at the end of the day.

Overall the team as a whole ended in 11th place. This week the girls are attending a Regional tournament to determine if they qualify for state.