75° Gardner, KS
The official student-run newspaper publication at GEHS.

The Blazer

The Blazer

The Blazer

Recent Results

Boys Soccer take on Shawnee Mission South

The boys soccer teams started off the week with mixed results.
The week began with the Blazers JV team playing against the Shawnee Mission South Raiders. The game was back and fourth the entire first half with chances missed by both teams, the play resulted in a 0-0 draw for the first period.
The second half picked up where the first left off with both teams creating great opportunities this continued until the closing five minutes of the match when things started to pick up. Arden Sirithasack scoring the gaming winning goal in the last few moments of the game with an assist from Isaiah Lang.
“Although slow at times, the boys played some good soccer throughout the game but didn’t have a lot of dangerous chances on goal. I appreciate their determination and focus to finish the game late,” coach Derek Wilson said.
This win brought the JV record to 6-3.

The Varsity Boys Soccer team took the field after the JV match.
Both teams came ready to fight with midfield battles after midfield battles and both teams tested each others defense skills.
Neither of the two teams were able to penetrate well enough to score points. After hundred minutes of play time the match concluded at 0-0.
“Although it was not the result we had hoped to come away with, the boys set a program record last night for shutouts with 7 games still to go,” Wilson said. “While our finishing continues to be hit or miss on any given night, our defense is consistent and gives us a chance to win every game.”
This game brings the Varsity team record to 5-3-1.