57° Gardner, KS
The official student-run newspaper publication at GEHS.

The Blazer

The Blazer

The Blazer

Recent Results

A New Club Soaring Into GEHS

Disc Golf Club
Keira Mills
Two club members during a meeting.

There are several new clubs at Gardner Edgerton but one of the newest ones is the Disc Golf Club.

The sponsor is Brandon Shellenberger. Shellenberger has been playing disc golf ever since he was in middle school but then became more passionate about it while in college.

“I’ve played disc golf since I was in middle school kind of off and on, but then I really started to play when I was in college and it just took off from there so it’s been a passion of mine for a little bit,” Shellenberger said.

The club meets in room 515 on Tuesdays right after school. The club goes from 4:30- 5:00 pm.
Disc Golf is a game that is like golf but instead, you use frisbees. The goal of Disc Golf is to throw the frisbee into the metal chain basket, however, instead of saying throwing, you say a stroke.

“The rules are kinda simple, similar to golf as well,” Shellenberger said.

There are a few critical rules to disc golf. One of them could be that some areas are out of bounds.

“So if you throw a disc and it lands out of bounds, you get an extra stroke,” Shellenberger said.

You’ll get an extra stroke on that then you’ll have to throw your disc on that point where it went out.

“Another one could be that you have to throw the disc into the basket and it has to stay into the basket for it to count,” Shellenberger said.

Shellenberger plans to practice on Saturdays at the disc golf course.