Adventuring to College

Elexis Herbst, Staff Writer

College is a big thing, especially to high school students who are determined to make a mark on the world. All over the globe, people are enrolled into some of the best, most expensive universities, already knowing what they want to do for the rest of their lives. And then there’s some of our community, mere months away from graduating and still not knowing what they want to do after graduation.
Here’s a list compiled for those who needs a little guidance when it comes to choosing the right school and/or career path. There’s at least five universities/colleges for the most popular careers. Please note that some of the universities are Ivy League schools, and are the most sought after schools for those who love to learn.
For those interested in some of the more creative courses, should turn to art.

1. Yale University, located in New Haven, Connecticut. Annual tuition for Yale University is $36,359. The top programs are Painting and Printmaking, Photography, Sculpture, and many more.
  2. Rutgers University, located in New Brunswick, New Jersey. Annual tuition for Rutgers University is $18,216 (resident), $28,800 (non-resident) (with full fellowships for all admitted MFA students). The top programs are Painting and Drawing.
  3. Bard College, located in Annandale-on-Hudson, New York. Annual tuition for Bard College is $21,919. The top programs are Painting, Sculpture; Film and Video.
  4. Maryland Institute College of Art, located in Baltimore, Maryland. Annual tuition for Maryland Institute College of Art is $45,290. The top programs are Painting, Sculpture, Photographic and Electronic Media.
  5. Virginia Commonwealth University, located in Richmond, Virginia. Annual tuition for Virginia Commonwealth University is $15,483 (resident), $28,164 (non-resident). The top programs are Sculpture, Glass, Graphic Design.

For those more interested in Mathematics and the logical way of life, should veer of into STEM (Science Technology Engineering Mathematics).

1. Princeton University, located in Princeton, New Jersey. Annual tuition for Princeton University is $47,140. Top programs are Mathematics, Geometry, Applied Math, etc. Please note, Princeton University is an Ivy League school.
  2. Harvard University, located in Cambridge, Massachusetts. Annual tuition for Harvard University is $46,340 for tuition and another $67,580 for books, etc. The top programs are Analysis and Topography. Please note, Harvard University is an Ivy League school.
  3. Massachusetts Institute of Technology, located in Cambridge, Massachusetts. Annual tuition for MIT is $67,430 for all students regardless of their residency. This fee is comprised of $49,580 for tuition, $14,720 room and board, $1,000 for books and supplies and $312 for other fees. The top programs are Mathematics, Geometry, and Topography.
  4. Stanford University, located in Stanford, California. The annual tuition for Stanford University is $51,353. The top programs are Mathematics, Algebra/Number Theory, Applied Math.
  5. University of California-Berkeley, located in Berkeley, California. The annual tuition for University of California-Berkeley is $14,170 (resident), $42,184(non-resident). The top programs are Logic, Mathematics, and Geometry.

There’s a big demand for those of us wanting to jump into the medical field and there’s some really good colleges out there.

1. Harvard University, located in Boston, Massachusetts. Annual tuition for Harvard University is $59,800. The top programs are Anesthesiology, Internal Medicine, Pediatrics. Please note, Harvard University is an Ivy League school.
  2. John Hopkins University, located in Baltimore, Maryland. Annual tuition for John Hopkins University is $51,900. The top programs are Psychiatry, Radiology, Surgery.
  3. New York University (Langone), located in New York, New York. Annual tuition for John Hopkins University is $52,814. The top programs are Radiology.
  4. Stanford University, located in Stanford, California. Annual tuition for Stanford University is $56,229. The top programs are everything included above.
  5. University of California (San-Francisco), located in San Francisco, California. Annual tuition for University of California (San-Francisco) is $46,631. The top programs are everything included above.

And yet, there are more majors and minors that you could occupy. There’s also a more expensive route you could take to fulfill your never-ending craving for knowledge. That’s an Ivy League school. You may have heard of some of them in movies or whatnot; Princeton University (A Cinderella Story), or Harvard University (Legally Blonde) and many others.
Most of the Ivy League schools range from $46,144 (Princeton University) to as high as $107,677 (Cornell University) a year!

1. Cornell University (Pre-Vet), located in Ithaca, New York. Annual tuition for Cornell University is $107,677.
  2. Harvard University (Pre-Med, Pre-Law), located in Cambridge, Massachusetts. Annual tuition for Harvard University is $95,930.