The Number One Guy In Everyone’s Story

A self-published author. Homecoming court candidate. Mr. GEHS 2021. National Honor Society member. Drummer in the band. Successful YouTuber. Blazer Stop team member. Competitive debater. The accolades don’t stop for senior Ryan Beane.

Ryan+Beane+at+the+end+of+his+performance+while+singing+a+song.+

Serge

Ryan Beane at the end of his performance while singing a song.

McKenzie Sullivan, Social Media Editor

According to friend Lindsey Babcock, Beane is “basically the main character,” the number one guy in everyone’s story.

“He truly is an icon, his personality radiates not only at school but through his online presence as well,” Babcock said. “He’s witty and well-spoken. Our school is lucky to have him.”

Sophomore year, Beane took a different route than most typical 15-year olds and wrote a 226-page book that’s now sold on Amazon.

“It’s a story of a sheltered boy in 1800s Mississippi who befriends a slave and it just kinda uncovers twisted secrets about society,” Beane said. “I originally started writing it as a screenplay cause I like writing those sometimes too. I got like 20 pages into it but it wasn’t very good so then I was like, ‘Alright, I’m gonna switch it up and get inside the main character’s head,’ which is how it turned into a book from the first person perspective of the 9-year old protagonist.”

But his real talent lies in his future dreams of going to film school. Beane has a YouTube channel with more than 1,300 subscribers.

“I started it because I wanted to promote my book and I knew YouTube was the easiest platform to grow,” Beane said. “It’s a film related channel, I do a lot of movie reviews with sort of a comedic edge to them.”

Graduating this May, Beane plans to attend the New Mexico Film School.

“Right across from the film school there’s a Netflix studio and the film studio has been growing a lot there recently ever since Breaking Bad was filmed there,” Beane said.

If his academic performance is any indicator, Beane’s future success is inevitable, according to his debate teacher Mr. Zegers.

“He’s a very hard worker, he’s very dedicated to what he does. He’s an all-around good kid,” Mr. Zegers said.

If all of my students were Ryan Beane, teaching would be the most awesome job in the entire world

— Mr. Zegers

To Beane, everything he does appears to come easy, including Mr. GEHS. According to Beane he didn’t know he would be running for Mr. GEHS until two weeks prior to the event, yet “It somehow evolved into me singing a song from Victorious.”

Friendship too, comes easy to Beane. One of Beane’s closest friends, Liam Strahan shares Babcock’s sentiments that Beane is a valuable person to have here at GEHS.

“He’s just an amazing guy. He radiates energy and has a very deep and real personality,” Strahan said. “One of my best friends for sure. Honored for him to be a part of my circle”.

Beane’s novel Injured Umbrella has a total of 4.5/5 stars on Amazon.com where it can be purchased for $4.95 on a Kindle and $13.99 for a paperback. Beane’s YouTube channel is @RyaneBeane.